24 August 2014

TV Set Review: "House of Anubis": Volume Three

Rated: TV-G
Starring: Nathalia Ramos, Brad Kavanagh, Jade Ramsey, Ana Mulvoy Ten, Eugene Simon, Bobby Lockwood, Alex Sawyer, Tasie Dhanraj, Klariza Clayton, and Mina Anwar
Released: February 2011 (Nickelodeon premieres)
Synopsis
The Sibuna club is closer to solving the big mystery than ever! Unfortunately, the crazed Rufus Zeno will stop at nothing to thwart the kids' plans, and housemaster Victor is onto them as well! With an end-of-year prom looming and romances continuing to blossom, it's going to take all of the Sibunas' might to emerge victorious...but, will they?

The Good
Again, I remained vague in the above synopsis because I don't want to give away the plot details; seriously, the story is that gripping.  This third volume--the end of the official first season--delightfully continues what began in the first two outings, and comes to a (mostly) pleasing ending; what it is, I won't say.  Fans of the series up to this point simply have to see it through to the end.  Also, a lack of sexual content, nudity, profanity, and drug use, though to be expected for Nickelodeon, only augmented the set.  When you watch the finale, prepare to be on the edge of your seat!

The Bad
As usual for this series, some creepy moments may be upsetting for young viewers; one scene shows a guy with bug bites on his face, while another implies the possible death of several kids.  Though the ending was mostly pleasing, I still had one quibble with it, though I won't say what it is as not to give anything away.

Conclusion
Season or series finales usually have a big effect on me; the first time I saw the last episode of Growing Pains, I nearly cried, even though it was in reruns at the time.  Other shows' finales had the same effect: Good Luck Charlie and Shake It Up come to mind.  As I mentioned in a previous review, the last episode of Power Rangers: Operation Overdrive left my heart racing well after it was over.  Though House of Anubis' first season's finale didn't have quite the same effect, it did keep me on the edge of my seat.  If you haven't seen this series, you're seriously missing out.

Score: 4.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment