09 February 2013

Quickie Book Review: "Redwall" by Brian Jacques

Synopsis: The animal denizens of Redwall have heard the legend of Martin the Warrior, a hero from long ago, but are in need of him now after being attacked by the cruel Cluny and his evil army.  Matthias goes on a search to find out more about Martin the Warrior...but, it turns out, the answer to his quest is closer than he realizes!

Review: I know this is a classic juvenile novel, and it has an enjoyable story and good writing, but I still struggled to finish it.  I don't know exactly what it was; I can't pinpoint exactly what was wrong with it, but it still didn't feel amazing or even great to me.  Thankfully, this book has earned such "classic" status that anyone who would likely be interested has probably already read it; if you haven't, I would suggest borrowing this from your local library before shelling out big bucks on a box set of Brian Jacques' entire series.

Moral Content: Nothing worse than some Disney-movie violence and a scant few profanities.

Score: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment