09 November 2018

Movie Review: "The Lego Movie"

Synopsis: Emmet is just an average guy.  He lives his life by the same routine every day, and always follows the instructions.  One day, a weird mishap leads to him being declared The Special: the one person who can stop the evil President Business' dastardly plan of unleashing the Kragle on the entire world.  The only problem is: There doesn't appear to be anything special about Emmet.  Will he be able to save all his fellow citizens regardless?

The Good: This movie is a wonder to behold.  The animation really brings inanimate Lego bricks to life, and the humor and pop culture references are spot-on.  It also brings home an excellent moral: that everyone is special and valuable, no matter who they are.  All in all, a wonderful flick.

The Bad: Nothing, really.

Conclusion: Me and Lego blocks have an interesting history.  My mom got me some Lego sets as a kid, but, I had trouble manipulating the small pieces due to coordination issues.  I had a good friend at church who loved those building blocks so much, he dressed up as a Lego for Halloween.  Toward the end of my high school days, I had fun playing Lego Star Wars on my Nintendo GameCube; since then, I've had a blast with Lego's TV series, ranging from their comedic take on Lucas' space opera to Ninjago.  I've been meaning to watch this flick for a while, but just recently got around to it; it was just as good as I expected and then some.  If you haven't seen this yet...what are you waiting for? Go rent or stream it, now!

Score: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment