09 July 2014

Quickie Book Review: "My Life as a Smashed Burrito With Extra Hot Sauce" ("The Incredible Worlds of Wally McDoogle," No. 1)

Author: Bill Myers
Published: 1993 by Word
Synopsis
Wally McDoogle is a nerdy, awkward kid who, much to his chagrin, is sent to church camp by his well-meaning father.  Though his friends Opera and Wall Street are on his side, he ends up getting on the bad side of the biggest, strongest kid in the camp.  When their rivalry gets out of hand, the head counselor doles out a punishment that teaches everyone a lesson.

My Review
Many years ago, this series was pretty much my introduction to Christian fiction.  I liked them back then, though I didn't understand them all that well; now, I both understand and appreciate them quite well.  Though I'm not a kid anymore, I still consider myself a kid at heart, and that's why I enjoyed this.  If you're an adult who still watches Nickelodeon or the Disney Channel, you'll likely find enjoyment in this series.

Score: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment